YOK NAM LOA MASSIF AREA
From: LtC Paul Lewis CO S3 OPS 1/501st
To: CO’s D 1/501st & B 1/501st B 2/17th Cav, 328thEngineers. 2nd Brigade, 101st Division HQ
Operation RAPIDSTRIKE III -
Time: March 03/06/1969 – 0600 hrs
Units: Bravo 1/501st Delta 1/501st, 1/Bravo/328th Engr
Action: Insert both Company’s via Helo to GR8241 1360 – companies will proceed to secure LZ
- provide security for further insertion of elements of 326 Eng.Batt
- on full insertion of all Units proceed north flanking the highway at patrol speed in tactical column to the old Military Installation
- Delta as security in deployed perimeter whilst Engineer Unit sweep installation for booby traps and intel.
- On confirmed clearance commence initial site blasting where relevant to prep FSB Lee.
- Bravo to proceed at patrol pace in deployed formation North to rendevous with 2/17 at Boon Tsuke Village GR 8235 1361
Units: B Troop 2/17
Action: Enter AO on Highway 344 at Southern end of AO and proceed at patrol pace northerly up highway reconnoitering and securing villes to West of Boon Tsuke GR 8235 1361
- Rendezvous at this point with Bravo Company 1/501st.
- Dig In with secure NDP around ville – engage with local village leader(s) utilizing Hearts & Minds program if practical.
Duration: 2.5 hrs
Time: 03/07/1969 – 0600
Units: Engineer 326 Delta 1/501
Action: Units to commence ground clearance and construction of FSB Lee to enable Arty support to be inserted – Delta to provide security
Duration: 12 hrs
Units: Bravo 1/501 Bravo,2/17
Action: Bravo Hold on standby – ensuring regular comms with Delta & Engineers.
- 2/17 Recon up Highway 344 to 8196 3665 to ascertain suitability of River Crossing at this GR
- – return to ville outskirts and set up NDP
Duration: 12 hrs